Friday 23 March 2007


The other day while I was looking for my high protein flour, I came across lots (and I really mean lots) of balance ingredients from last year's Raya. So, I decided to make muesli bars out of those ingredient before expiry come acalling....

Nutty Muesli Bar

A/

100gm butter

50gm brown sugar

250ml honey

B/

150gm wholemeal flour

1tsp baking powder

200gm rolled oats

100gm sunflower seeds

100gm pumpkin seed

100gm sesame seeds

100gm walnuts/almonds or any nuts

100gm rice puffs (I combined with cocoa puffs)

100gm dried cranberry

100gm golden raisins

100gm Hawaiian coconut flakes

½ tsp salt

Melt butter on low flame, add in brown sugar and stir till sugar dissolved. Stir in honey and bring to boil. Remove and let cool slightly.

Combine B ingredients in a large bowl, stir thoroughly. Slowly pour in butter-sugar-honey mixture.

Mix until well combined. (I used hand gloves)

Take a 10 x 10 x 2 in tray and lined with aluminium foil. Transfer mixture into tray and press to compact.

Bake at 170C around 40-50 minutes or until brown. The temperature depends on your oven. Once baked, remove from oven and press again for a firmer layer.

Let it cool and cut into bars.


I did three recipes, one with dried fruits and two without as my children doesn't really take them...this is the one with fruits


and the one without

No comments: